When a new computer will not install Windows 10 on a new clean SSD, and returns a Blue Screen with the Error Message: "ACPI Bios Error" how can I inst

H

HansenJC

There are many (too many!) questions regarding ACPI Bios Error that are locked. And most of the questions are about an upgrade from some previous OS or a reinstall, or an error on a Win 10 system that had run for a while in the past (a reinstall). And some are about an APPLE machine. But none of the answers of any of the locked questions are followed by a reply that the problem was solved. And some are about BootCamp.

In my case, the issue is a NEW fresh installation on a NEW Clean SSD. So, this is a NEW computer. This is not an upgrade or update. This is not an Apple. There are no other HHDs. The Bios is the most recent from late 2019. And IF my video card is the cause, how can I confirm it as the cause via the OS rather than a binary sort that requires the removal of the video card? And if I must remove it, what are the odds that a video card is actually the issue?

I have ACPI turned off. and I tried the installation with it turned on.

And please PLEASE! do not link to an article on a non-Microsoft blog that tries to address all conditions including an upgrade or update, or an Apple machine. May we please stay focused here on THIS question? Please?

This is about NEW hardware, and a new installation on a completely empty SSD.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom