BSOD into Preparing Automatic Repair loop and unable to reach safe mode

R

RNTwa

Hello,

Recently I had received a blue screen with the error of "irql_not_less_or_equal." After my pc had restarted, it has been stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. It will stop loading during the preparing automatic repair screen and then turn black. It will then try again without showing the "preparing automatic repair" text, freeze once more while loading, and then repeat the process, swapping back to the preparing automatic repair screen the following attempt.

After researching potential fixes, many suggestions have given the idea to access safe mode. However, hard resetting has not worked to reach that. I also tried using Windows Media Creation Tool to put Windows 10 on a bootable us to no avail. The usb is able to be booted however before any options come up such as installing Windows 10 or repairing windows, I get the same blue screen error of "irql_not_less_or_equal" when the windows logo pops up.

So far I've tried a handful of other troubleshooting ideas that I have come across such as removing and reinserting ram, removing all other devices and storage from the usb ports, removing the ssd when trying to boot, using a different version of windows to boot up from the usb, and currently I am testing the ram to see if they are potentially faulty.

I am not well versed in troubleshooting and so any and all help would be appreciated. Also, I have no problems wiping the ssd clean and losing or reinstalling windows 10 if need be.

Thank you for your time.

Continue reading...