Windows Mixed Reality freezes my pc, causes my headset to display a blue screen, and puts out static noise at 100% volume in the HMD headphones. Pleas

A

Arctic Skye

Background:

I used my headset on my laptop for a while with no issues and recently built a desktop so I plugged in my VR headset there and for a few days it worked fine, my PC would just completely freeze when shutting down WMR which was really annoying but manageable somewhat, now I have tried everything, even doing a CLEAN install of windows (sorry for the caps but that seems to be the only suggestion people have). There is literally nothing on this windows install except for the latest drivers for my system, WMR, and beat saber. I have run prime 95, furmark, and cinebench to test for instability and they all ran fine with 0 issues whatsoever. Additionally, before I did a clean install I tested several other games and the only thing that had an issue was WMR. I tried unplugging one monitor so I only have one as well. I have also tried 2 different USB 3 hubs (my motherboard and front panel connectors).

What happens when I try to use VR:

Vr loads into the cliff house and works completely fine for a few minutes before My headset goes to a blue screen and my PC is completely frozen. Also the last time I launched WMR it played static noise at 100% volume when it crashed causing a great deal of pain to my ears so I really would like that to never happen again as well.

What am I doing wrong. This computer is a completely blank slate. I know the specs are fine for VR because I ran beatsaber initially amazingly, but if you are curious here they are.

Computer specs

Cpu: Xeon e5-2690

Memory: 8gb ddr3 1600mhz

GPU: RX 580 8gb

Storage: 240gb SSD and 500gb hard drive

HMD: Samsung Odyssey plus

My headset is effectively bricked until i can resolve this issue so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could give me some advice.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom