Programs can't choose/open a file? Nothing happens when I click "upload file" in certain programs

S

SweetHeart9

What the title says - certain programs on my computer can't open files.

When I go to Paint and click File > Open, a separate window opens so I can choose a file, as I should be able to. I also have no problems uploading files to websites on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

But when I open an application like Discord and try to upload a file using the "+" button in the message bar, or try to change a playlist's image on Spotify, this separate window to choose a file doesn't show up. I click the button (the "+" button in Discord or the "replace image" button in Spotify), the loading cursor appears for a split second, and then nothing happens.

This used to work. I use Discord to share photos, music files etc and change my Spotify playlist covers all the time.

This issue just popped up today, along with some Bad Image errors (0xc000012f) at the first time I tried to open the apps. I ran sfc/scannow, RestoreHealth, DISM.exe etc in admin Command Prompt and those allowed me to open the programs and they seemed to function normally until THIS problem happened.

I did recently delete temp files (and files that my computer explicitly said are "safe to delete") using the native "save disk space" feature in Settings + Disk Cleanup.

Running Windows 10 1803. I would update to 1903 but it always tells me the update failed every time I tried to install it (and I have 40GB of space left!)

Can someone please help??? Thank you so much!!!<3

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom