Microsoft Widows 10

T

ThisHell

I logged on to my Windows 10 (home) machine and then an update started and "TRY THE NEW EDGE" or something like it popped up on my screen. I was in a hurry to get some information when Windows once again updated when I was trying to use my computer. I was upset and deleted anything that I saw that was related to MS EDGE. Later my Win 10 would not log out properly which made it not startup properly. After holding down the power button during the stuck logon it would shut off my machine. When I turned it back on it would boot to Windows. I tried fixing, resetting, using backups and anything I could to reset my machine. It would get stuck with everything I tried, and tried, and tried...... Frustrated I copied all the important data from my boot drive to the fully functioning 2T seagate barracuda second hard drive. I bought a $200.00 copy of Windows 10 Pro from a local store and decided to do a fresh install. I fully formatted the old windows C: drive and installed the Windows 10 pro. Great everything is working.......wait where is the spare drive I had all my data is on? Checked device manager and there it was functioning properly. Went to disc manager and it was not there? Went back and checked and sure enough it is listed in the BIOS. I have tried everything I could think of but I cant get my extra drive to show up in Windows 10 pro.

I used a usb boot drive and went to DOS and the drive was there. I could copy files between it and the C: drive. I reboot to windows and the drive was missing from the disc manager but appeared in the device manager and the DOS prompt. I swapped out the drives and decided to install windows on the backup drive and disconnected the C: drive. I booted from my purchased Windows 10 pro stick but windows installer would not show that my drive was even hooked up. I had the drive out and I listened to it writing data. How do I get my drive to show up in Windows 10 pro? I must be stupid because it seems to me that I ruined my win 10 home when I deleted anything Edge. Microsoft would not let me fix it because I was not following their "USE EDGE" policy. Windows 10 pro would not allow an extra internal hard drive because they want everyone to use their "USE ONE DRIVE" policy. Microsoft stated to use an external drive for extra space. Am I just chasing shadows in these strange days or are there really hidden nefarious intentions by Microsoft? What options do I have except bowing to Microsoft's monopoly on operating systems?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom