Windows Fax and Scan feature missing, can't send faxes

S

support77_95

Hello,

I've got a client whose computer is unable to send faxes. She's never used Windows fax and scan on her computer before so I can't say if this is a new problem or if it's been around for a while.

She can setup an account in the windows fax and scan program without issue, but whenever she tries to send a fax, it never gets sent to the queue and the program usually times out after a couple of minutes.

I wanted to try uninstalling and re-installing the fax feature from the optional features, but it isn't even listed in there on her computer. This is a screenshot from my computer, I highlighted the feature that I'm talking about. On her computer, the Windows Fax and Scan feature is missing completely from this list. Her computer only has Internet Printing Client, LPD Print Service, and LPR Port Monitor under Print and Document Services.

33d67d47-777b-40f7-9751-8678a1c68021?upload=true.jpg

She is using Windows 10 version 2004. I wanted to remove the update to see if it was behind the issue, but it was installed over 10 days ago so I cannot.

I've already tried

• removing and re-adding the account in windows fax and scan
  • clearing out everything in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue (It was already empty)
  • restarting the Fax service in task manager
  • rebooting the computer.

I know this isn't an issue with the Fax server because other users in the company can send faxes just fine.

**Edited

When I run dism /Online /Get-Capabilities on her computer it states

Capability Identity : Print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0

State : Staged

And when I then try using dism /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:print.Fax.Scan~~~~0.0.1.0 it states

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.329

Image Version: 10.0.19041.329

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 3017

The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom