bitlocker hp envy no key never set this up

J

jilljackskn

I woke up to my Envy laptop showing a blue screen asking for a bitlocker password. I don't have a bitlocker password, I've never encrypted my device or set this up. Googled, found out my bitlocker password should be at my Microsoft account. Found my account, see my envy laptop with bitlocker "live" and when I click the button to see my key to unlock... NO KEY.

I'm the only one who uses this, it's a home laptop. No IT department set this up. I've used it for a year. Never changed harddrives, did anything fancy to it- I'm not computer saavy in that way.

So I call HP. They blame Microsoft. I call Microsoft, They blame HP.

Called a local laptop repair shop and he tells me that he's received 100s of calls the last few days on this same thing and there is nothing he can do but charge me $400 to take mydrive out and hopefully reinstall windows and maybe save my documents.

Microsoft offers me a PAID service to fix this problem. I think this is ransom. YOU Microsoft and HP set this in my computer and now I can't get to my work or personal files. I need this fixed, and anyone who has this same issues please contact me

Continue reading...