BSOD after installation of new cpu

• Thread starter KennethThomson2
  • Start date
K

KennethThomson2

I recently purchased a Ryzen 5 3600 to replace my Ryzen 3 1200 and I updated my BIOS to version F50a on my GA-X370 Gaming K5 motherboard but after I'd installed the new cpu my system went into a series of error messages*KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE*SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED*PHASED EXCEPTION. Everything worked fine with my Ryzen 3 1200, I ran memtest with no errors there's nothing wrong with my SSD or graphics card the BIOS was on the correct version so I reinstalled Windows 10 Home and tried again but the same messages popped up and *PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR but it didn't repair anything after 5 hours. It wouldn't let me reinstall Windows but I could get into my BIOS and see the Ryzen 5 3600 was recognised. All the messages indicate a hardware failure so I've since returned the cpu as it was the only new part but I'm now reluctant to try a different Ryzen 5 3600 in my machine. Could it be the cpu was faulty? All my drivers were up to date and so was Windows.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom