Register Legacy ActiveX File

J

JerryGOS

I am trying to re-install an older legacy program on newer Dell E5550 laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 V1909 Build 18363.900. It was installed and works properly on another older laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 Build 18363.900 However, the program was installed a couple of years ago on a much earlier version of Windows 10 Pro. It appears the current Windows 10 V1909 is now blocking old ActiveX files.

I get the following: Error 1904 Module C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\sclxconn.ocx failed to register. HRESULT -2147024770. Contact your support personnel. Then there is an option to try again or Exit Installation

I have tried the following:

• · I copied ‘sclxconn.ocx’ from the working laptop Syswow64 folder into the newer laptop folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder
  • · In C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe I right click "Run as Administrator"
  • · Then, at prompt, I type: regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\sclxconn.ocx
  • · I get error:

The module "sclxconn.ocx" failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found

Can someone help me with a way to register this legacy ActiveX (and I suspect more as the installation proceeds)

Thanks

JerryGOS

Continue reading...