Windows 10 install issues in a Sony Vaio laptop

• Thread starter Mónica Inácio
  • Start date
M

Mónica Inácio

Hi everyone!

I decided to install Windows 10 on my 2011 Sony Vaio Laptop SVE14A1S1EB in order to have an updated OS and still with support ( Windows 7 is already out of support since January 2020 and in fact it was running quite slow ).

I decided to upgrade 4GB RAM to 8GB ( 2 cards of 4GB DDR3 each ) and changed the disk to an SSD to make it faster ( the model is Crucial MX500 2.5 inch 500 GB ).

I download the Mediacreationtool.exe on another computer and create the USB stick to be able to install from it. After that, connect the USB stick to the Sony Vaio and start the installation of Windows 10 Home ( in Windows activation I choose to do it later / I don't have a key ).

The installation is done correctly, start Win10 correctly with no issues and I can use any pre-installed app, surf the internet, etc..

Windows asks me to reboot to finish several updates and when I do it, when start the process the screen gets stuck in black ( with the circle dots icon loading completely frozen ) and Windows never boot.

I've tried several reboots, shutdowns, power-ups, reboots, etc... but Windows never boot.

I can access to the recovery options, I can acces safe mode, I can try to repair boot problems... but Windows never starts.

I tried to create another USB stick with mediatoolcreation, reinstall several times Windows 10, with the old HDD and the SDD disk, and the installation always runs fine, but the moment I turn off the computer and turn it on again or reboot, Windows never boot.

Is there any incompatibility with this version of Windows 10 version 2004 and my computer that I can't find? Any problem with a hardware driver that I can't locate?

I've been working on it for several weeks but it's impossible to solve, so I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,

Monica

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom