Windows 10 clean install on a newly built PC is very slow and unresponsive, basically unusable

G

gplemons1

Hello!

I have built a new pc with all new components but 1, the SSD.

I wiped it clean and did a fresh install with official windows installer and a key supplied by my university.

Windows 10 was very sluggish and slow. It would take an eternity to complete a process and it would freeze up constantly. It almost seems like it's random. When i opened the windows update center and pressed check for updates it pretty much froze the entire pc for example. Hovering over the buttons with mouse cursor would still display visual effects but they would not respond or would respond with huge delay.

Sometimes when i would restart the PC windows 10 would be very quick and responsive. But after doing a simple task such as checking for updates or moving a file from HDD to SSD it would be very slow and frozen again. When its frozen its usually just the window that started the slowdown, while the rest seem unaffected. However interacting with other windows and apps can make them freeze too.

I don't understand it as i havent installed anything on my latest reinstall of Windows 10 and the problem still persists.

Components are as such:

Ryzen 5 1600 AF

Gigabyte Aorus M B450

Sapphire 5600 XT Pulse

16 GB DDR4 HyperX RAM

240GB Kingston A400 SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom