External Hard Disk Unintialized , Not Recognized , Shows to have vary High Capacity

A

AkeshSamuditha

4d295208-1a5d-41be-90c3-09a84367a9cf?upload=true.jpgWhen I connect My Transcend's StoreJet 25H3 1TB external Hard disk to My PC It does not shows in File explorer as a drive or partition.After going to the disk manager It shows as uninitialized as above.When I try to initialize the device in MBR or GPT it gives the error 'data error (Data redundancy check)'.

I tries to recovery my files using 3 different recovery softwares .When I start the recovery process the program scans the the Hard disk as an 10000+ TB device.So even through fast scan it could take more than 30 days to fully scan the full disk.I Ran it for like 5,6 hours and any software didn't got to 1%.When I tried to check bad sectors using software it causes the same issue .It show hard disk has 15000000000000+ sectors.I Can't repair the disk using CHKDSK through CMD as the hard disk doen't show as an drive.I tries to get the address through MOUNTVOL and the disk didn't show up there too.I found the device address (I think) through devince manager >Properties and Tried to repair using it.When I enter that command (Chkdsk "\\vol....." /f) command pormpt says cannot directly acces drive.I tried formatting through Transcend software and it gives an error.I tries cleaning disk and assigning a letter through command promt and it says cannot assign.Is there and other way to recover the data or at least the hard disk or Has my worst nightmare come through.

Few more things, When I plug in the disk to the PC , it take about 10 or 13 minutes show up as a device in disk manager(Only then functional key start flashing).When scaning via a recovery software the disk functiom key flashes meaning it is doing something.When I tried to repair using a software it says (EaseUS partition manager) unsupported format.Hard disk worked perfectly two days ago.The problem occured when I tried to connect it to a friends Laptop.Didn't try wiping disk via 3rd arty software.Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.Another Same model Hard disk works perfectly fine. The hard disk is 3 years old.Thank You.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom