Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

C

cbrn1

Dear Community,

I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps.

A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because my users are using Windows 10 Pro.

I believe AppLocker only applies for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education.

B. I cannot use User Policy : "Don' run specified Windows applications" for packaged apps.

C. I do not want to use User Policy : "Run only specified Windows application" because my Domain Users' need to use a few of packaged apps

D. Some Windows Packaged Apps can be disabled by editing the folder name in Windows\SystemApps. This method applies to the Computer, and I do not want to do this method on every Computers.

E. I cannot run Powershell script from GPO, because the script will run as System, instead of Domain/Local Administrator or Domain Users

F. I have been trying to use Powershell for the past few days.

I logged in to a Domain User profile, then I run Powershell as Administrator, both as Domain Administrator and Local Administrator.

The domain user has it's roaming profile disabled.

This is what I did:

1. Run Powershell on a Domain User's profile as an administrator

2. get-appxpackage -allusers *print3D* | remove-appxpackage

3. To my surprise, the aforementioned script removed the packaged app from the Administrator's profile, not from the domain user's profile.

4. Cry a little bit

G. Cry a little bit more, enroll Domain Users as Administrators, manually uninstall Windows Packaged App from every Domain Users, with roaming profile enabled, remove Domain Users from Administrators.

H. Make a petition to ask Microsoft to allow AppLocker on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom