Wireless printing to HP 22448C (Envy 110) fails consistently

A

AOCosta

On these pandemic times, printing has become more important for my kids homework. And it is very frustrating to see how something so basic can fail so much.

The setup is: an "old" HP22448C (HP Envy 110) wireless printer, a Dell Inspiron notebook running Windows 10, both connected to the same wi-fi network. I have tried both with the printer installed through Windows' printer settings, and through HP Smart app. Both seem to find the printer without any problem, and install it.

However, when I try to print anything, it usually just sits on the printing queue, waiting for something to happen, while the printer is on, and idle. Cancelling the job is useless -- it just changes its state to "cancelling", and sits there until it eventually times out. I have tried to manually remove the jobs from the queue (running "net stop spooler"; removing the files from the spooling directory, and restarting the spooler), which does work as far as the queue goes -- it is indeed cleared of any pending jobs. However, it doesn't fix the problem in the first place.

I also tried configuring the printing to go directly to the printer instead of the spooler, to no avail. I would consider this could be a printer problem, but I have a desktop computer running Linux (Fedora) that never showed any of these problems with this very same printer. Also, while I struggle to get anything printed, my wife can do it perfectly fine from her MacBook. So, it does seem related to Windows somehow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom