After updating to Win.10 version 1903, Audio no longer works after audio has not played for x amount of time after a restart.

B

Brandon_[Online]

Hello, I'll try to keep this brief yet descriptive, If I've left information out then please let me know, thank you in advance.

On October 27th, 2019, I updated windows to version 1903. After updating, I eventually found the audio from any software on my computer will work for an infinite amount of time until I stop all audio from the computer. After a few moments passing, the audio will no longer play. IE: Youtube will display an audio endpoint error, and software will simply not play audio.

After a month of troubleshooting whenever I had the time, I found the "Go back to the previous version of windows 10" recovery option but couldn't use it since 10 days passed.

I'd revert to a restore point, but don't have any from before the update.

The "Playing audio" Troubleshooter tells me "Audio Services not responding", despite the services all running.

I've tried updating, installing, rolling back, and reinstalling driver after driver, and no new or legacy driver has fixed this issue.

I've set the following services' "Startup Type" to "automatic" while attempting online solution articles.

• Windows audio
  • Windows Audio Endpoint builder
  • RPC Endpoint Mapper
  • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
  • Plug and Play

I've tried also installing newer updates without success.

Because the audio works fine until it's stopped, I don't think it is the drivers causing the issues, I believe the audio chipset is getting set to "sleep mode" for lower power consumption but is not called to "wake", However I have no experience in audio work or windows framework, ect, and I could be wrong on this idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Computer specifications:

HP Envy M7 notebook

Edition: Windows 10 Home

(Currently) installed version: 1903

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Realtek High Definition Audio

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom