Unable to start Network Location Awareness service

M

mondoni

Hi all,

Can anyone advise how to get the Network Location Awareness service running again? It seems that because this service isn't running, Windows isn't "aware" that I'm online. And because it's not aware, I'm experiencing other issues (eg it thinks my Windows isn't activated when I do in fact have a digital licence).

If this isn't the cause of the issue described below please let me know!

Background info: I'm running Win10 Pro ver 1903 (64-bit) on a desktop machine (no WiFi capability). I currently do not have anti-virus software installed. I have a blank network status screen and according to the Ethernet status I have no internet connection. However, I am able to browse the web normally.

94635b5a-2af8-44d2-8c87-1e72a5852aea?upload=true.png

88d8d138-6b86-4169-8e71-796064edf85b?upload=true.png

What I've tried: I found the below threads (and others outside of this site) and after following the suggested solutions I believe the cause of the issue is the Network Location Awareness service not running. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Network status blank

Wifi status appears as a dashed line - cannot find networks (though my computer connects to remembered networks and has internet)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-fix-network-connection-issues

Results of suggested solutions:

NOTE: The below were tried over a couple of days, in no particular order

net start NlaSvc

a91b8b64-be2e-4631-be89-342c810d9d2e?upload=true.png

Type netsh winsock reset and select Enter.

Type netsh int ip reset and select Enter.

Type ipconfig /release and select Enter.

Type ipconfig /renew and select Enter.

Type ipconfig /flushdns and select Enter.

1dfee629-89b5-41e2-9655-2d0b86370955?upload=true.png

With the command - netsh int ip reset - there was a failed status, is this normal? What failed exactly? I restarted my PC anyway after running all of the above commands, but that has not resolved the issue.

With the command - ipconfig /renew - it says the operation was canceled by the user; except I didn't?

Network Reset - this didn't resolve the issue.

e0e979b0-ce3b-464d-9f8c-f6b6ce9703a9?upload=true.png

Many thanks,

Mondoni

Continue reading...