windows keeps crashing

R

Robbyduyck

At a certain point, i think about six months ago, my gaming desktop started crashing irregularly, making gaming almost impossible. To fix the problem, i went to a computershop and they cleaned up my computer and checked the hardware. They told me that they found no problems with my hardware except that the health of my SSD (which is my boot drive) was 90%, but they told me that this should not be a problem. The crashing didn't stop and eventually i stopped using my desktop. Fast forward a few months, with the start of the summer vacation, i decided to give it another shot. I tried everything i could, i couldn't repair the windows, nor could i reinstall it or put back the computer to the manufacturers settings because everytime i tried it, it would just tell me something went wrong. If i searched the codes on the internet, all the possible solutions all faced the same problem, it always ended up going wrong somewhere or the computer just crashed again. The windows also refused to update and using a USB with the installation software from the microsoft site, also did not work. Eventually, i was so sick of it, that i downloaded active killdisk and i completely erased all my disks and reinstalled windows on the now empty SSD. However, even during the installation process, the computer kept crashing and when i finally managed to install windows, the computer kept crashing within 5 min of being put on, over and over again. Then i remembered the fact the my SSD (a samsung 850 EVO 250gb) only had a health of 90%, so i wiped the disk again and installed windows on a brand new SSD (samsung 970 EVO plus 500gb) but the problems did not go away. I already did all the windows updates and updated my drivers with driver easy, i also used whocrashed to analyse the dumpfile, but this program was not able to indentify the problem and asked me to run CHKDSK, but the computer keeps crashing during the scan. I also tried to use scf /scannow but the computer also crashes during this scan. I really don't know what to do anymore, i'm a right to assume that the problem has to be hardware related, or have i somehow missed something?

computer specs:
processor: intel i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
motherbord: MSI Z97 GAMING 5
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
boot disk: samsung 970 EVO plus 500 GB
other disks samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and Seagate desktop HDD 1TB (ST1000DM003) (these are not yet formatted after being wiped)
RAM: corsair vengeance 2 X 4GB

BSOD errors:
system service exception, unexpected kernel mode trap and page fault in nonpage area caused by the module ntfs.sys
system service exception and kernel security check failure caused by ntoskrnl.sys
system service exception and other errors caused by ndis.sys

Continue reading...