Windows 10 updates

T

treborpowers

Hi,

I have been having big problems with windows 10 updates. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop.

I have just installed the 2004 update and a second update to that. Every windows update (the last four I remember) have called a lot of problems. After the update the computer does not work. I have a contract with Dell and I call them. I usually have to restart the computer, often by holding the power button down. I takes over an hour to get things running again. I have written my own word processing program for writing math papers, so I am aware of the problems of programing. I know despite assurance from computer scientists that the only way to make a program fool proof is by letting fools use it. My own programs stop me from doing foolish things. A long time ago I wrote a screen saver for my program because someone I had given the program lost a file because her maid unplugged her computer thinking it was off. In short I have some idea of what it takes to get the bugs out. The windows updates are huge. Why doesn't Microsoft take the trouble to fix their updates. I am seriously thinking of switching to Linux. There must be a lot of people like myself who seriously use their computer and having to spend two to three hours every couple of weeks to get their computer running again is a big pain. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for listening.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom