Installing windows from a bootable USB

X

xavierbarry

I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB.

I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install screen.

I have tried using an older version of windows iso, as well as tried splitting the install.wim file, and using multiple different booting applications.

I have only got 1 SSD attached to my PC and I have wiped it several times.

I have changed the SSD to GPT

I have tried formatting the USB to EXFAT, MD DOS (FAT)

I have always selected the USB as the initial boot device

all of my attempts have resulted in varying errors.

The USB always shows up in BIOs but sometimes (and I am sry I can't recall what resulted from each attempt I have spent many hours trying to do this and I'm going a bit insane) it gives me the black screen with "Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media".

Other times it managed to open the windows install window and I get to the point of selecting the drive I want to install on. I have encountered several errors here. I'm sry that I cannot recall all the error messages, but the most common ones have been along the lines of "windows cannot prepare disk, restart the install." "the partitions on the disk selected for installation are not in the recommended order". "windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. format the EFI system partition as FAT32 and restart."

I have searched as many solutions as any sane man could and I have found nothing that has worked.

Somethings that are odd: every time I try to proceed from "where do you want to install windows" and end up with an error I see that the drive I selected has been split into partitions. A recovery partition and 2 random ones with only 100mb of space and then a third partition with the rest of the SSD space on it. I have tried leaving the partitions, removing only the recovery partition or the partition with the rest of the memory on it. Nothing has worked. Interestingly when clicking "load driver" and the "browse" the recovery partition is always set to ":C"

Please if you have any way of installing windows that you think might work or any solutions to the issue tell me, I would be grateful for any help

My mother board is a B450-I, I have a ryzen 3700x CPU, and the ssd i am using is a 250gb crucial

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom