HOW TO METER A BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTION - WIN10

T

TravisBurke2

Hello all, I would really appreciate any help that I could get because I feel like I am about to lose my mind. Right now I am connecting my laptop to the internet via a bluetooth connection with a hotspot. I need to meter this connection in case BitTorrent feels like opening up without anyone asking it to and pulling 96 gigs of data usage within a short while before I noticed last month. New month, new data cycle, but I am noticing that despite me having set my network connection settings on my laptop as a metered connection and I put in 10GB/month with the monthly restart date, refreshed the data usage - but then realized that after I was browsing for a while no data use was logging at all. Then I realized it does not appear I can set the laptop is metered connection mode per se, rather you can select to meter your network usage for Ethernet (3), WiFi Adapter, & VEthernet. That's great and all for when I am connection to a wifi network and want to meter it or I am plugging in a network cable and want to meter that connection, but Windows refuses to list anything like "Bluetooth Network Adapter" etc. there at all and I have searched high and low for this setting within Windows without having to download third party software. If this is a glitch I seriously hope MS fixes it ASAP because it is a glaring one, and if I am just being a huge noob right now than I am excited to learn the solution to this and expand my knowledge. Thanks for your time.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom