Windows 10 keeps reverting to Pacific Time Zone. I live on the East Coast

J

jluchristt

I am having a reoccurring issue on two of my PCs running Windows 10. One is about a year old and started having the issue, the other is new as of a month ago and has always had the issue. The third and forth PCs in my household, which also runs Windows 10, are not experiencing the same problem, nor is a Mac Book Pro that I am using.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Windows 10 on the two problematic PCs keeps reverting to the Pacific Time Zone. I've done the following:

• In Date and Time settings I toggled off set time automatically and set time zone automatically and then specifically set time.
    • Worked for short period (about 30 minutes), then reset to Pacific Time.
  • I toggled back on the settings and tried syncing. Every sync reverted to Pacific Time Zone time.
  • I went into the Services App and updated the Windows Time to Automatic, applied/saved and restarted with no change. Updated to Automatic (Delayed Start), applied/saved and restarted with no change.
  • Used the "run" feature, type in "timedate.cpl" then click on "internet time," then "change settings." I tried setting this on time.windows.com and restarting then did it to time.nist.gov and tried restarting. Both did not update the time zone.
  • Also in the "timedate.cpl" I tried to on the "change time zone" button I was met with a message saying "you do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help." However, I am running ""timedate.cpl"" in administrator mode; moreover, am the only user account and when I checked my user permissions I am the administrator.
  • Ran command prompt as administrator. Type in "regsvr32 w3time.dll" got a message that "regsvr32 w3time.dll failed to load."
  • I tried updating my location in the Windows location app, including updating the default location.
  • I saw online a response online about checking your motherboard's battery; however, since this is happening on two of my machines, both of which are less than a year old, I find this to be highly improbable.

Any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows if Microsoft offers technical support (telephone or chat) for new PC purchases without having to pay them to fix a software issue for an out-of-box computer, that'd be appreciated. I find it odd that I purchase a new machine, with new software and have to pay additional technical support fees just to get it running properly.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom