I have an ethernet connection but webpages and applications won't load due to "The DNS server isn't responding"

W

Wampooshi

Hi, I don't know a lot about computers so when my ethernet connection wasn't working, I googled how to fix DNS issues on my phone which led me to open up the command prompt and input:

ipconfig /flush dns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I kept getting DNS errors and webpages wouldn't load, and apps on my PC such as Discord, Google Chrome, and Battlenet no longer could connect to the internet, even though the Ethernet connection icon in the bottom right of my screen said it had internet access, as well as within the Control Panel.

Since the ipconfig didn't solve my issue, and I tried resetting my router several times, restarting my PC, and eventually wound up hard resetting my entire PC. I still kept getting "This site can't be reached" "The DNS server isn't responding" etc.

After hard resetting my entire PC (removed all files, settings, etc.) I was disappointed to see that my issues still persisted. I still have ethernet connection, but I can't connect to anything. I found a YouTube video that said to use these commands:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set ds

netsh winsock reset

*Restart Computer*

Didn't work ): I'm not sure how to fix this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom