Freeing up space in One Drive - how long does it take

P

PamF4495

I have all of my old laptop files on One Drive and just realized that One Drive had them synched to my new laptop including some huge videos i had taken on my phone and Yi camera. I right mouse clicked on the old laptop folder in the One Drive section and selected Free Up Space. All of the files and folders now have the cloud status instead of the check mark. But my C: drive is not showing the 30-60 GBs more free. Does this take a while to show up?

I ran CCleaner to discover this situation. I reran after selecting free up space, and it is still showing the large video files.

The One Drive posts say that if you choose Free Up Space then the files no longer take up space. So, I am thinking that the change takes a short moment to update from checks to clouds in the status column, but it takes a longer while to actually show the freed space.

This has all been in the last hour. Should I let it do its thing overnight, and see the freed space in the morning?

I bought this cheaper Dell w a smaller SSD, and I am getting down to 6GB free on ~120GB HDD. So the 60 GB of synching the old laptop files would be a welcome relief. Just not instant gratification.

Help me set my expectations. Seems like there is more of a lag than I would expect... Thanks for considering the question.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom