Origin PC Genesis with "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

C

Cartoondude135

I only got this tonight and just as I clicked "restart and update" just to begin installing new updates. But upon showing the ORIGIN logo screen, it now immediately shows "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" on the next screen.

Worse, the DELETE key sends me to the GIGABYTE menu with the tabs: M.I.T, System, BIOS, Peripherals, Chipset, Power, and Save and Exit. The tutorial videos on fixing this problem are out of date and I'm not familiar with this new interface. In BIOS tab, there's under Hard Drive BBS Priorities, I have P0: Samsung SSD 860 PRO 4TB, P1: Samsung SSD 860 PRO 4TB, Generic-SD/MMC 1.00, Generic-Compact Flash 1.01, Generic-SM/xD-picture 1.02, Generic-MS/MS-Pro 1.03, and Disabled. Even some of the F1-F12 keys don't do the same thing as before. Help! Please! I've only had this computer for about 2 years and it never had problems now; just tonight! Heck, I didn't even touch any of the circuit boards or wiring inside of it!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom