No Microsoft Store App

S

SteveSilver1

Windows 10 system.

In the past, did have access to the Store but could not download anything – dl would start and would always have an error. All steps taken to rectify the situation failed.

Here are all the steps to regain MS Store app advised by various Windows sources. Most have been run twice or more. This sequence may have one or more steps out of sequence.

Checked Time and Date settings – were Ok

Device Manager – all up to date

All updates were installed prior to all this but during the first reinstall the pending “May 2020” was installed.

Stopped Windows Update and deleted contents of Distribution\Datastore and \Download. No effect.

Store icon no longer in Services/Apps, could not perform Reset, Uninstall, etc. Icon shows (after second reinstall of Windows 10) in Start menu but nonfunctional and remains missing from Services/Apps.

Wsreset – produced error: “You’ll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store-link”

Wsreset could not be used to clear Store cache

Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and Administrator CMD Prompt – sfc /scannow = “no integrity violations”.

CMD Powershell reinstall of Store App failed. Error msg: “Add-AppxPackage: Cannot find path C:\AppxManifest.xml” because it does not exist.” After reinstall of Windows, could not do this step any longer because the Store App Name did not appear in Get AppxPackage -allusers When trying to reinstall all MS Apps, same error message.

Services – set WinLicMgr, BackIntellTxfrServ, Crypto.Serv, and Windows Update to Automatic. Could not set Windows Store to automatic as it was not listed. After second OS reinstall found MS Store Install Services and set it to automatic.

Downloaded “Restore Services” folder; used win_store_instal_serv.reg, then Restart. Nothing.

Used MediaCreationTool to reinstall and update Windows 10 twice. Pretty much all of these steps were run before and after both reinstalls

After second reinstall, on all Starts / Restarts, Windows stops and shows Error Message:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft 549981C3F5F10_2.2007.9736.0_x64_8wekyb3d8b…

“Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.”

After hitting Ok it finishes installing apps (sound, rain meter, quick note).

I've gone through the posts I could find for MS Store problems as well as searching for some of the error messages noted above. This new error on start message seems familiar (the portion after WindowsApps) as I believe that was the same information supplied during the failed attempts at reinstalling the Store app / all apps using PS CMD (that "8wekyb3d8b…" stuck in my brain). I don't know what that means.

Any help is appreciated.

Continue reading...