Clean install of windows 10 - MS Keyboard 3050/Mouse 5000 randomly become unresponsive.

S

SamRothstein

New PC build with a fresh and clean install of Windows 10 - everything runs perfectly and smooth except that my wireless MS mouse and keyboard (mouse 4000 keyboard 3050) will randomly become unresponsive. I initially tried a second clean install of Windows which resulted in the same problem. I unplugged a wireless logitech keyboard from a nearby PC with no luck.

I've recently discovered that if I plug an old USB mouse into the pc after the freeze, the wireless keyboard and mouse will "catch up" and then work fine. So if the keyboard and mouse freeze, I can type on the keyboard and move the mouse - nothing happens until I plug the wired USB mouse in, and then everything I typed on the keyboard and all mouse movements attempted while frozen will show on screen. All drivers and software is as up to date as possible.

I've read several threads with people having similar issues with wireless devices becoming unresponsive, but haven't seen one where plugging a usb mouse in fixes the problem. Is there a way to fix this without having to keep a usb mouse plugged in at all times?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom