Urgent Fix required : Printer error : The specified driver is invalid for Epson L405 after Win 10 Update

• Thread starter PaniniDeshpande
  • Start date
P

PaniniDeshpande

I have an wireless Epson L405 printer. It is recognized by control panel but will not print. It used to work fine with my Dell laptop. After Win 10 update (insider build 19041.388) everything seemed to work fine for 40 hours. Then in spite of successful login attempt (6/7 times) the security policy related message prevented me from getting to the desktop /Online laptop profile.... Forced OS reset followed. Now I can print a test page manually from my printer so I know that the printer works fine however the same from my laptop gives a invalid driver even if I connect my printer by USB instead of wireless.
1) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the printer to no avail.
2) Tried to edit register and look for the below which I could not find

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade

I am getting the invalid driver error when I try to print now.

I followed the instructions in solutions suggested and tried to edit the registry to correct the problem but the line PostSPUgrade is not there.

I can't go back to an earlier restore point because we had to do a "reset" OS . I have uninstalled all of the drivers and software and then reinstalled from the Epson website mulitple times. I even spent several hours on the phone with EPson support (after buying a new printer and not being able to get it to work either.)

The version of windows is 2004 build 19041.388
Windows Feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0.

The trouble shooter can't find the problem.
I am really disappointed that there hasn't been a fix by now.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom