Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer

C

CraigM3852

Greg: After updating to Microsoft OS version 2004 (on Lenovo Laptop) my older HP Laserjet P1102w printer would not print from my laptop (or my wife's Dell Desktop). I read your (Independant Advisor) to Rita, and I took the easy way to resolve the issue by uninstalling my printer. I then downloaded the appropriate driver from HP and double clicked it to install the software. (hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036.exe)

The install would not complete and gave me this message "Extraction Failed - Can not delete output file". So, I thought I'd better see if my Lenovo has the latest driver updates. I updated to the latest drivers with the exception of the FWupdate.exe which User Account Control gave me the following: (In Red) An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact your administrator. (that's me) and I ran it as Administrator.

The HP P1102w printer is an older printer, and it works well. I just purchased a toner cartridge for it $$$$.

So I wanted to be able to use it, and not have to purchase another. I have an HP OfficeJet 9010 I just purchased which works well. However, the cost to run it is more expensive that the HP P1102w. Both PC's are now on Windows 10 version 2004.

I could go back to the previous version of Windows 10, but that's not what I wish to do. I did take pictures of all the error messages. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Craig

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom