Repeated BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

A

Aka#39

Hi,

My Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC has been suffering from constant and repeated BSOD due to the driver "ntoskrnl.exe", with bug check string - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and bug check code - 0x000000ef (All information related to these BSOD were viewed using BlueScreenView software)

This PC had been running without a single problem for almost 3 years now until these BSOD seemed to start suddenly about 2 months ago. I know that usually the reason for these types of errors are pointed at faulty/old drivers or botched updates, but in my case I don't recall updating any new drivers or major updates gone wrong before the BSOD started to occur. In fact I updated to the major update of Windows 10 version 2004 after the BSOD had already started to occur. I thought this update would fix the problems but they have continued in the same way post the update installations.

By checking up on previous posts about such BSOD I have tried everything to find out if there was a hardware issue in the PC. I have ran chkdsk on all 3 drives in the PC; ran Western Digital Diagnostics software on the two WD hard drives; checked for firmware updates on the OS ssd from Samsung (850 evo) - no errors were found in any of these tests and also ssd firmware is the latest version. Next I tested my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, HCI Memtest software, another ram checking tool called TestMem5 - no errors were found by these tools. Also my GPU is working fine and passes Heaven benchmark and OCCT software tests; also removed and clean installed video drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller software. All of the component tests return no errors (atleast until they are running without the PC crashing due to the regular BSOD). I have no idea how to check for motherboard errors or PSU errors.

The situation has become very frustrating and I am unable to operate my computer properly as after each reboot there occurs a BSOD without fail sometimes within 5 minutes or sometimes upto 2 hours of the computer running. It seems to occur randomly and without any warning sign the PC just displays the dreaded error screen and crashes. I am now concerned about performing any heavy tasks on this PC because of corrupting the entire OS if such errors and crashing continues and most importantly damaging the hardware of my PC particularly the storage drives.

Since the Minidump files, MSinfo output and system specs are generally asked for diagnosis, hence I have uploaded the 3 latest Minidump files, the MSinfo file and an Aida64 generated system specs report which can be found in the link below:-

Bsod troubleshoot_AkPC.zip

Please help me to solve these errors so that I can return back to a functional machine.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom