Question Random crashes to desktop - 0xc0000005 - Nothing is helping

E

Elise4K

Whenever I'm using an application, this could be a game like Rocket League, Valorant, or a program like Twitter, Edge, Discord etc., I get these random crashes to desktop. I have no clue what triggers them. It can happen 5 minutes after launch, or it can go fine for 2 hours, so I really have no idea what is causing this crash. I check the Event Viewer after every crash, it doesn't tell me which module is causing it, but it consistently tells me that the error code 0xc0000005. I'm completely helpless and desperate. I just CAN NOT fix this no matter what I do. At this point I need guidance more than anything, I just wish I could know what was wrong. I'm not sure where to go as it's not a pre-built PC.

Now when did this start? I honestly don't remember. All I remember that on April 3rd, I was reinstalling Windows 10 using the Reset this PC option. During the installation, I got a blue screen. This happened 3 times in a row, and afterwards, my computer straight up refused to launch. I was getting no input to my monitors. Then it randomly decided to launch, and I managed to reinstall Windows through a USB. I thought this would be the end of the issue, but the blue screens kept haunting me. I was getting like 4 blue screens a day. I tried EVERYTHING, it lasted for months, I managed to lower the amount of the blue screens but couldn't fix them.
A few weeks ago, I reinstalled Windows 10 again, and upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004. The blue screens are gone, but a new issue arrived, which brings me here. Now for weeks, I've been dealing with my games and applications randomly crashing to desktop. As I said, no errors, just crashes to desktop, everything else works fine. The event viewer tells me that the error is 0xc0000005. My computer was working PERFECTLY FINE before "that" bluescreen that happened while I was trying to reinstall Windows through Reset this PC. I legitimately have no clue how to fix this. I've never been completely defeated like this. I don't know what to do, please just help.

Here are the things that I tried;
-Ran a memtest86. 0 errors on 6 passes.
-Reseated the GPU and the RAM's.
-sfc /scannow and DISM.exe restore health.
-Prime95 tests for 1 hours, no errors.
-Disabled XMP.
-Reset CMOS.
-Reinstalling Windows (Tried both version 1909 and 2004)
-Updated BIOS to the latest version.
-Updated every single driver on my computer.
-Ran chkdsk.
-Scanned my PC with Malwarebytes.
-Played around with RAM frequency and DRAM Voltage.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2X8GB) 3000 MHz
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620 W
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

Continue reading...