DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

C

ChrissyPs

Hi everyone (sorry for my english, it's not my first language)

I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from for this problem twice but they can't find anything wrong with it.

The games I'm having most trouble with are:

Skyrim (it blue screens randomly while in-game but not always)

Dauntless (same but it blue screened every time, ended up deleting it since it was unplayable)

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (only after I press Quit To Desktop)

There don't seem to be any problems while playing Control though.

I've also noticed that Jedi Fallen Order doesn't blue screen when the laptop is plugged in to a TV via HDMI (haven't checked the other two games).

I vaguely remember having updated both my Windows version and the nvidia driver via Geforce Experience at the time the BSOD started appearing, but I've done a clean install of Windows twice ever since and nothing has been fixed.

It's not longer under manufacturer guarantee unfortunately, that's why I haven't sent it directly to HP yet.

With the blue screen report, there appear numerous Hardware error reports on Reliability History, mainly with the codes 193, 1a1, 141 and 144.

I've tried most of the solutions provided on the internet for this problem but nothing seems to work. Could it be a driver issue? Should I send it to HP after all?

Specifications:

HP Pavilion 15-bc400nv

Intel Core i7-8550u

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

8GB DDR4 RAM

Windows 10 ver. 1909 Greek (clean-installed by the store less than a week ago)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom