.NET Framework 3.5 simply WILL NOT install!

K

Ken Heart

I have an app that needs .NET Framework 3.5 and despite using every available method known to man, it simply WILL NOT install on my very up-to-date Windows 10 system. (Windows 10 Pro v 2004 build 19033.1) as at 6 August 2020

Every method of installation fails with the error code 0x800F0950

-From Add features in Control panel: Let Windows Update download the files for you - "The changes couldn't be completed" error code 0x800F0950

-Have tried DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All - DISM failed. No operation was performed.Error: 0x800f0950

-Have enabled 'Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair' in Gpedit.msc - made no difference.

-Have tried DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs - it returns the error 'The source files could not be found.' No matter what source medium I use (USB flashdrive, copying /sources directly to hard drive, etc) I can SEE the sourcefiles listed as microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~ and Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-GB~ both with a .cab extension.

I am at my wits end. I really cannot understand why this should be so extremely difficult to achieve. Would be really grateful if anybody had a REAL solution to this persistent issue.

Continue reading...