Facing typing issues with all IME languages on Windows 10 for (version1607, 1809, 1803, 1909 and more)

M

Mayank Hinger

Hello,

Few users of my website are facing issues while typing in Chinese, Japanese and Korean for different builds of Windows 10. There are different kinds of issues with different version and they all started happening around Mid July 20200. Some of the issues are:

1. While typing the last character goes missing sometimes.
2. The word typed does not get translated to Chinese but remains in English combination of characters.

It is badly affecting the adoption on my website as users are not able to type correctly. I have tried to replicate the same on different OS versions and can see it happening.

I did come across a link where Microsoft has acknowledged it to be a Bug in Windows 10 2004. https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...windows-10-version-2004-when-using-some-micro

But I am facing similar issues on the above mentioned versions as well. Since it started happening without any code change I am sure this is some issue with the Windows OS as I am not facing the same issue on other OS for the same words.
I did my research on these and came across issues like data corruption in IME dictionary files but I am not certain how could that happen without users updating their OS version? Was some silent or background update of any driver or related software done around Mid of July?

Is there a workaround I can follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom