Computer slowed way down after transferring files

M

mslacat2363

I have a 4 month old computer running windows 10 and it was upgraded to 64 ram when I bought it. I was transferring a lot of business & drawings files between two older WD external hard drives and a brand new much larger duo raid hard drive yesterday. I am talking Terra bytes of information. The type of transfers that you set up the transfer and then go watch a TV show or have lunch. I have been meaning to do this clean up for 2-3 years. After I was done and had everything the way I wanted it, my computer was extremely slow. Opening up Autocad which usually takes 15-30 seconds was taking 6 minutes, and failed the first time. Even after I got Autocad up and running it was lagging something terrible. So I did a complete reboot, maybe clear out some memory of something. It came back and it was still as slow as molasses. I decided then to call it a day and shut my system 100% down. Got up this morning turned on the computer and same thing (I hoped it had fixed itself). When I booted the computer after I logged on everything initially looked normal but instead of an arrow pointer I had one of those spinning circles of death that continued 4-5 minutes. I scanned my compute with Webroot, nothing. Started up Malewarebytes but it currently has been on "checking for updates" for 45 minutes now. I get a lot of "not responding" messages with programs and then after a while the program does what it was suppose to. I even opened Chrome and after a awhile it came up, but going from one website to another another it is like the internet has slowed down to a crawl (I have blazing speeds). I even got a "website not responding should we wait or discontinue" While I was typing forum just a few minutes ago this I got an error message "OneDrive needs your attention" "There is a sync issue in OneDrive". I do not use OneDrive. I assume it is cloud based application. None of the the other desk tops, lap tops, phones or tablets on my wifi system are showing any signs of slow down. It should be noted though the computer in question as well as another unaffected desk top is hardwired (cat-5) into the router though. One more note: My computer seems extremely quiet this morning more than usual, but I am not sure if this is because it has been sitting for 12 hours with no power or not, as usually I leave my computer on 24/7.

Any thoughts? Do you know of a trust worthy diagnostic program? Could it be hardware?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom