security of windows 10 pro 64 bit questions re: wi fi and hardwire

G

gmt3010

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit

Can someone answer some security questions I can't find anywhere?

I want to be sure this is secure.

I use my printer wi fi though it can also be hardwired. If I change the wi fi password, which I do from time to time, I have to use the installation DVD in my notebook (my old one with windows 7) and then connect by usb so the printer gets the info from the old notebook. My notebook, unfortunately, does not have an optical drive. So I got an external one. However, the DVD would not play in it.

This new notebook, to my relief, just got the printer info. I don't know how. I guess because I still have both notebooks working, and both use the printer, so it is on a network?

Anyway, my only concern on that is, is this all secure? My wi fi password is for the combo modem/router to use wi-fi, plus the wi fi printer and my firestick.

In my new notebook, I see the wi fi icon, the firestick also, and now the external DVD optical drive.

My main reason is I want to be sure it is all secure.

I am concerned because, right after the first of the year, my router or sometimes my DVR for my security cameras would suddenly go out. As did my firestick, would suddently stop working.

Now, I am wondering if someone got my wi fi password, which is possible because the company Frontier has some back techs. I do often change the wi fi password, maybe every thre emonths.

when I look in my new notebook, I see all listed under "network." I never saw the router or firestick listed in my old notebook.

If this notebook pulled in these, without me having to use the DVD, can another notebook do the same? If they got your wi fi password? There are enough people around this area who would steal their mother's panties.

This notebook just pulled in the printer and its password, and glad it does work.

Other than using a password how can i be sure it is all secure.

Sorry for stupid qu4siton.

I have an HP probook G67 (I think that is it )

When I hit enter, that key doesn't work.

What could be wrong

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom