Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

C

__CB__

I have followed the directions for installing the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, but when it comes time to select a printer from the list, there is not a choice for plain old "Microsoft Print to PDF." Instead I have an option to chose "Microsoft Print to PDF version: 10.0.17763.1 [6/21/2006]." Internet search does not provide clarification what the extra numbers mean.

If I select this printer to be installed, I always get the error "Unable to Install Printer. The handle is invalid."

If I try to install by choosing the option to replace the current driver, I get an error that says "Element not found."

I am assuming that there is a bad driver already installed, or the printer version is out of date. But I cannot seem to find any means of updating either the driver or the printer version.

I have already seen posts recommending reinstalling Windows 10. This seems like an onerous step that should only be taken if multiple aspects of the operating system are not working properly. I should hope that there is some solution to my problem that does not require reinstalling Windows.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom