Fn + Windows Key + (Other functions?)

S

SpeerDewitts

Hey, I've gotten an update of windows August 2020 today and after reboot, I pressed the windows key but no window bar has open. Luckily I figured out soon after to need to press Fn + Windows key + another function key to uses the default windows function such as open window's "Type here to search", switching language (I only have United State-English and Germany-German as my language preference). I tried to search online and it seems the only way to disable Fn is to go into the BIO systems or to swap languages, but none have worked for me. Beside mine is already disabled since I have to press Fn + f1-f12 to make function and nevertheless if even if I enable or disable the Fn, I still need to press Fn first and windows key after to access default windows. I work mostly on reading and typing and adding an additional key is quite annoying! Any suggestion to disable it safely?
I am currently owning Alienware m15 as my primary laptop, been signed in for developer mode for 2 years with no issue until it broke and give me a black screen and can't reverse the save back (had to fix it for $150 by "refresh" by a technical guy since Microsoft Support can't help and I had to go to nearby popular store like Bestbuy and they refers me to different techs fixers). I've checked if Alienware updates their BIO since it may result in the change on Fn function keys but the last update on Alienware m15/m17 was in 2019 or last year so that shouldn't be the issue I don't think...
Thanks,
Speer

Continue reading...