Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found

M

Maria#P

Hello. Thanks very much in advance to anyone willing and able to help with this. This is similar to an issue I had a couple months ago. Everything has been working fine, no issues, then this happened a couple days ago.

So a couple days ago I went to log in to my WiFi - I get booted off my WiFi and/or lose the connection quite a bit at night so it wasn't that out of the ordinary to find my laptop disconnected - and when I tried to connect, I had a pop up say "No WiFi Networks Available".

I've attached some screenshots. Sometimes when I try to connect I can see the networks. Most of the time it says no networks available. In either case, the window pops open only for a second then reverts back to the smaller window with the drop down to turn WiFi back on manually. In the screenshots, one shows the networks, one says none available, one just says Netgear and the last is that smaller window.

The mobile hotspot isn't working either - I click on that, same thing happens.

It's my laptop, it's not the WiFi. I DO have service, my other devices are on it and there's no issue.

So, just today I installed 2 updates thinking that might help. It didn't. Still having the issue. If I connect via ethernet it works just fine.

A couple months ago I was stuck in airplane mode and couldn't get out. Finally cleared that with a regedit.msc thing, tried that again this time, and it was already on the setting that I changed it to last time that fixed it.

Also, my WiFi adapter is missing from my device manager. Lots of other stuff is there but no WiFi. I did the scan for new hardware, nothing.

My laptop is old, it's a Dell latitude e5430. I just got it maybe 5 or 6 months ago and I bought it because it has a lot of upgrades on it and works really well. Usually.

So not sure what to do but start the search online I guess, see what I can find about fixing this issue and start working on it. Thought I'd try here first and hopefully save myself several hours.

Thanks again,

Maria

a6b5496f-aefb-40c5-9049-179e76bfeaf2?upload=true.jpg08de0f07-f11f-4aec-9a64-1568b501414f?upload=true.jpg38252ce3-1585-4516-ac58-afd085b57d86?upload=true.jpg18a274a2-fb50-45a4-9d6d-0a28fe3eb7d7?upload=true.jpg

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom