Constant BSOD MS Surface Pro 7 Tablet

V

Vizsla_Sue

I started getting BSOD 20th June 2020 after I did a Win 10 update. This is on my MS Surface Pro 7 tablet, it did not affect my Win10 desktop. I am in Australia and purchased the Tablet direct from Microsoft in January. I ran the Win10 update on 22nd June and this did not solve it either. I read articles on the Community and rolled back both updates in Safe Mode, disconnected my back-up drive and did not use any USB sticks, checked for recent drivers and found none. Ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool several times - no issues. I tried reading Minidumps but this was Admin only and despite being the only user and Admin, I could not read or analyze.

Still having problems - 6th July I took it to our local computer consultancy. Picked it up 15th July; over a week on the bench, not running any software, with only the blue-toothed MS mouse & keyboard, it did not crash once (not sure how they knew as it just restarts), they ran the Win10 updates and reviewed my written list of issues and said it was probably a warranty issue. They didn't charge me for the service.

Here's a link to my latest Minidump

I have some others that I could share

In my process of elimination, I found that MS Solitaire Collection would make my system crash 6 to 10 times an hour. I uninstalled and re-installed with no change. I have now uninstalled. I get crashes when playing MS Jigsaw or working on MS Edge, and MS Office (Word / Excel) - really annoying because documents don't save and I have to start again. I still get crashes, but they are less now I am using Firefox and Thunderbird. I suspected memory as Solitaire would return me to where I was 5 to 10 mins before the crash, as did MS Office.

Problems (in addition to the BSOD errors) were - reporting the Tablet had no blue-tooth (therefore could not connect to keyboard & mouse), no WiFi to connect to printer, spurious pixels, Solitaire with blank cards, having to force power on, black screen with constant swirling blue circle (had to force shutdown), Application error RuntimeBroker.exe, mouse and keyboard would freeze for seconds, then suddenly dump 20-30 typed characters, one re-start Windows didn't load correctly, audible clicks (while speakers muted), Thunderbird.exe unable to start correctly Ox0000102, Start bar not working, Firefox tabs crash.

BSOD error messages (from most common to least, but not all listed) with any file names

System_Service_Exception wdiwfi.sys winbase32.sys win32full.sys

Memory_Management

IRQL_Not_Less_or_Equal winbase32.key

Thread_Exception_Not_Handled

System_Thread_Exception

Critical_Process_Died

PFN_List_Corrupt

Faulty_Hardware_Corrupted_Page

Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area fltmgr.sys

System_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled dxgmms2.sys

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

KMOD_Exception_Not_Handled classpnp.sys

System_Exception dXgm2.sys

Driver_Verification_DMA_Violation

Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error

Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap

Critical_Kernel_Power

Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled ndis.sys

Event tracing fatal error

Kernel_Mode_Heap_Corruption

Any help most appreciated, as I have done all I have found to do.

Continue reading...