How do I get rid of bing from appearing on my screen as soon as I turn on my laptop?

G

gmt3010

Greetings:

I have windows 10 pro 64 bit.

When I turn on my notebook, rather than to go the sign in screen as I have set up a password, I have to look at this photo with these sayings from bing. I find that presumptuous, annoying, and intrusive.

I did not say yes to that. I don't use bing for search, either. And I don't want it in my face when I turn on my notebook. I don't use cortana, it is a gimmick.

Please can someone tell me how to stop the bing stuff? I have looked through some youtube videos, which mostly focus on cortana. Only one says how to get rid of bing and the internet search if you just want to search within your pc. That is what I want a pc search for, not the entire internet, but so i can find something within my notebook.

And, I really hate this bing thing. I can't find out how to stop that. There is nothing in settings that indicates the bing thing, or bing at all. I looked into appearance, settings etc. I looked into search and cortana. I saw some buttons and turned off what I thought might be cortana but I am not sure. When I click on it, it says to "log in" to cortana. I am not doing that.

I appreciate any help in stopping bing from this intrusiveness and would be glad to get rid of it altogether, in fact.

thanks so much in advance,

Gina

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom