32b Win-10 ISO install on DVD, fails after 1st DVD boot process reboots

M

michael a foster

I have a fully functional, HP wx8000 system: with a 32b, Tyan S2663 MB'd, updated to the latest BIOS (JQ.W1.19US), and 1.022GB of motherboard RAM, running with Win XL, an IDE 80GB hard drive, and an IDE CD-ROM.

My BIOS does not support booting from a USB stick, so I have to boot the Win-10 ISO image from a CD-ROM or DVD (I have tried both types of optical drives on the 32b system that I am trying to do a clean Win-10 install to).

The bootable, iso image install DVD(s) that I made, (multiple ways, multiple tools, multiple DVD types, 2 systems) just do not re-boot into the new install process on the hard drive, and it justs keeps booting back into XL, no matter what I try.
I never got to the point of typing in my microsoft authentication key code number.

In contrast, I successfully booted an old XP bootable image on DVD via CD-ROM to yhis same system, without any issues with the complete install.

The bootable, iso install DVDs do appear to boot and appear to go through a full read of the DVD, with simultaneous activity to the IDE/ATA hard drive, and then when the first re-boot occurs, it then boots from the hard drive, as it should, BUT back into my original Win-XL OS, or to a no OS situation if I use a clean disk; nothing was written onto the hard drive!

I have read a great deal on the Microsoft web site, and gained a lot of useful info, but nothing that was suggested worked for me.

A few of the things that I have tried, to no avail:
-Cleared the BIOS and then restoring to defaults;
-A BIOS update from JQ.W1.04US to JQ.W1.19US;
-Un-formatted/re-formatted a new hard disk;
-The 32b win-10 iso file DVDs were created on two different systems (win10_64b/XP_32b);
-Repeated DVD boots/reboots using the BIOS selected, DVD boot with F8 on the initial boot;
-Played games with BIOS boot priorities;
-Multiple DVD burn tools and methods (WIN-10/IMG/ISOBurn/Rufus);
-A total of 15 Microsoft ISO downloads, using the Microsoft download tool, and using my 64b Win-10 system to create the 32b ISO DVDs;
-3 Microsoft ISO downloads using my 32b Win-XL system (got a different ISO version than I got using Win-10 download tool);
-And then, I finally repeated the install of the old XL OS again, with no issues from the install DVD boot, using the same hardware.

It just appears that the 32b install DVD process is just not getting written onto the hard disc.

I need some help,

or an ISO file that supports my system, so I can make an install DVD that works.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom