Miracast troubleshooting - Laptop can project to TV, but not PC. The PC can project to laptop but not the TV. What gives?

D

disastercaster

I have spent close to 5 hours researching this and troubleshooting this issue.

I have checked the drivers, wireless settings, etc and they all appear to be up to date.

The laptop (surface pro 2) can cast to the TV

The PC (windows 10, latest updates) can cast to the laptop

However, the laptop can't detect my PC as a device to actually cast to. It can detect and add it as an audio device, or a "multimedia" device. But when I actually choose the "project" or "connect" option, it doesn't come up as an option despite the "device" being connected. I suspect this is because my laptop can't tell that it's a valid miracast device or if my PC can't tell my laptop it's a miracast device.

Additionally, and most frustratingly, my PC can't connect/project to my TV. It's the same as above, I can add the LG TV as a multimedia device and an audio device, but when I actually choose the connect/project option, it doesn't come up as a valid display option.

For both of these failures, I am unable to add the other device as a "wireless display" but I am otherwise able to detect it.

Why can my laptop detect, connect and project to the TV as a wireless device but the PC can't?

Why can my PC detect, connect and project to the laptop as a wireless device but the laptop can't connect to the PC in the same way?

I have followed threads like these but haven't seen anything that worked for someone: Unable to project wirelessly to TV from laptop after 2004 update

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom