Internet Connection is fine, programs have a massive delay for connecting to the internet.

J

JOSH_F_678

My explanation : Whenever I start my computer (laptop, Dell) I try to connect to services such as Microsoft Edge. For a few seconds after starting up my computer, my ethernet does it's job perfectly and I'm able to search for anything that I want. However, this only lasts for a few seconds. I'm never prompted with an error, and when I am it's the usual "Could not connect to the internet, please check your settings." If I'm able to retry, I press the button to do so and it works smoothly, otherwise, if there is no error, it takes about 15 minutes before connecting to the internet. When I connect to a browser (any browser, google, edge, opera) It will usually take about 10-15 minutes before I'm able to search for anything. This isn't just for my browsers, whenever I try to open a program such as Steam, Visual Studio, or ROBLOX, or literally any program that needs to connect to the internet, I'm prompted with an error like "Could not connect to the internet" or "There was an error applying critical settings to the program please check your..." blah blah blah you get the idea. NO program works. However, the weirdest, and most baffling thing out of all of this, is that connections made through Virtual Machines (windows 7 on VMware, for example), everything works FINE, no errors ever. I don't know what causes it, but the only fix seems to be virtualizing my ethernet connection (if that makes any sense).

Before you answer me : I want to say that I've been having this error for about 4 months now, I've had this pc for ~1 year and it's worked completely fine until I factory reset it. Then all of the errors above occur. The only thing that maybe caused the error is a corrupt system file. Anyway, here are some of the things I've tried:

• Flushing my DNS.
  • Factory resetting my computer 3 times.
  • Running the Windows Network Troubleshooter (it said nothing is wrong, lol)
  • Contacting a Dell Support Rep (Seriously, $100?)
  • I originally had this error before I got ethernet, installing ethernet fixed nothing.
  • Taking the battery of my laptop out, and putting it back in, no luck there.
  • Deleting/Disabling my firewalls, and antimalware, still no luck.
  • Screaming at my computer for 3 hours straight.
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling literally every single network related adapter related to my computer.
  • Restarting my router.

I'd also like to note - I have a second laptop (much slower than this one) that connects to the internet fine.

This is really stressing, mainly because this a 500 dollar laptop, and I'm a 12 year old who doesn't really have the confidence to ask my parents to buy me another laptop. I have told them about this error, they can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom