Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games Launcher.

S

SantiagoMartínez1

Hello everyone and thanks for taking your time to read this.

So I bought a new PC some months ago, brand new, nothing was second hand and the seller preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits and some software.

The first freeze happened while I was playing Minecraft and opened a YouTube video. It then froze about 2 minutes later. The screen was still showing what it was showing at the exact moment of the freeze (as in every time it does) and it kept emitting a loud buzzing sound through the speakers. All I could do was holding the power button till it turned off and then turn it back on again, no crash reports whatsoever when it finished booting up.

After this first episode, I changed many components (I almost changed all of them) and installed a clean copy of Windows 10 Pro.

Today's setup is:

- Components that have never been changed in bold letters.

After installing the new components and reinstalling Windows, the computer keeps freezing:

• Mostly while downloading a heavy game from Steam or the Epic Store Launcher.

• While switching a tab on Chrome and playing a video on YouTube (once).

Additional Info:

• CPU and Memory showed no errors.

• Windows was installed in the Kingston A400 SSD at first and then reinstalled in a brand new NVMe.

• I haven't noticed high temperatures in any of the components.

• Computer is completely clean, no dust.

• I only started using Epic Games once I had the new components.

• BIOS version is the one before the last one (F9, while the last one is 10c). I will update it but I'm not sure this is what causes the issue.

• Drivers are up to date.

I looked online and one of the recommended solutions for users with my problem was running the "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" command. But what is this exactly for?

Another possible issue according to internet could be DPC Latency, is this possible?

I'll answer any question you need and update the post if I remember something else.

Any help is welcome and really appreciated, I really want to solve this problem and stop worrying about breaking this computer that took me long to buy.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom