Constant BSOD with hand build PC

• Thread starter M. Moreno_metromoutain83
  • Start date
M

M. Moreno_metromoutain83

Hello,

So I've been having BSOD issues on my PC for quite some time now, which I've been constantly working on it to find a fix. I'm going to give a timeline of my troubleshooting steps and changes I've made to try and eliminate the problem.

System Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM - 2X Gskill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16) 3600Mhz CL16 kits

Mobo - ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E

GPU - MSI RX 570 4GB Gaming X

Drives - (Pre Aug.) WD Blue NVMe Boot drive, RAID 0 Seagate 2TB HDDs(2 Total HDDs)

Drives - (Aug.-Current) RAID 0 WD Blue NVMe Boot(2 Total SSDs), RAID 0 Seagate 2TB HDDs
Others - Fenvi T919 Wifi/BT Card

Timeline:
Purchased system and built around Feb.-Mar.
Noticed BSOD began occurring with the following errors:

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (no description, FLTMGR.SYS, tcpip.sys, win32kbase.sys, Ntfs.sys)
  • KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
  • PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kfull.sys, ndis.sys)
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (amdkmpfd.sys, dxgmms2.sys)
  • DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (amdkmpfd.sys, Netwtw08.sys, atikmdag.sys, afd.sys, netfilter21573.sys, Ndu.sys)
  • UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdiwifi.sys, no description)
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
  • UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
  • WIN32K_HANDLE_MANAGER
  • CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Due to all of these I began running Windows Memory Diagnostic Tests on my ram, and Memtest86, errors did come up, which I assumed it was the ram because they were open box/used/returned. I RMAed both kits, twice, I ran the tests with the new kits and got errors also, which I then RMAed a second time, for my third set of kits.

I did have a dual boot system onto another Sata SSD, which was MacOS, this was 99% stable, with only one instance of a crash. I also began noticing my network was being bottlenecked.

Fast Forward to July, still having issues, and RMAs taking time, I decided to get the mobo checked out also since one DIMM slot would not allow for greater then 3200MHz. The board was replaced by ASUS.

Now into Early Aug., I got a new board, new ram, and still wont allow for 3600Mhz, even though its supported by everything, and I now have the ability to create the NVMe RAID I wanted, I do so, with a fresh install of windows 10.

So with my new install, I carefully installed drivers, constant restore points, recovery drive, and just full and cautious IT Technician attitude. I fixed the network bottleneck, which was super ridiculous WINDOWS 10! 250MBPS down to 5MBPS? Anyways, I was totally fine the first day of install, with only one third party app installed, other then ASUS apps. Then the BSOD begin again!

Error Codes so far:

• SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmms2.sys)
  • ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
  • KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED (ndis.sys)
  • CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I am totally lost as to where to begin anymore to fix this issue. So far the issues are: BSOD, and not allowed to get 3600MHz.

I am just here today for the BSOD and stability of Windows 10. I will look elsewhere for the 3600Mhz issue, since ASUS support cant get a straight answer. If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated!

I highly doubt I have just the luck for 6 Kits of Gskill memory to all be faulty, and 2 different motherboards to be faulty also. I am in contact with AMD for an RMA of the CPU but I really cant have downtime due to being a student.

Continue reading...