How do I copy a DVD-R with old home made videos to my Windows 10 computer so it will play them from the computer files?

• Thread starter Kim's Personal Account
  • Start date
K

Kim's Personal Account

How do I copy a DVD-R with old home made videos (1999-2007) to my Windows 10 computer so it will play from the computer files as I want to backup all these old DVD's?

* The DVD will play with VLC media player from E Drive

* The DVD (E drive) only shows "files Ready to Be Written to Disc (1)" - desktop.ini file (configuration settings). There are no folders or anything else that appears.

* I tried right clicking on the "E" drive to copy it and pasting it to a new folder on my computer (a folder appeared within the new folder with the words "DVD RW Drive" but it's empty). Also, when I tried to get VLC media player to open it from my computer, it doesn't work as it cant find anything in that folder.

* I don't understand why I can get the DVD to play from the E drive using the VLC media player but I can copy the DVD's content to my computer and play it. I really want to have a backup of these DVD's and be able to save them to USB or watch them from my Windows 10 computer.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom