How do I prevent Windows from Automatically Updating when I have a specific (user defined) program running?

M

MyrddynEmrys

Hello community,

I need to know how to prevent my computer updating on it's own and restarting when I have a specific program running.

Before you say it, NO active hours won't help. Nor will the delay by up to 35 days help.

The reason I need this is because I run 3D printers from my machine. Sometimes prints take more than 3 days to complete and the machine needs to be on the entire time. I recently came back to my computer and found it had restarted and ruined a 34 hour print... By the looks of it it had maybe 10 minutes left of the print. Like 7 layers to go. Yet this has cost me $30AUD in filament alone, let alone possible damage to the 3D printer (The printer doesn't know the computer has restarted and it needs to stop having the extruder head heated. All it knows is to stop moving because it isn't getting any data from the PC. This could have started a fire if I was asleep.)

I literally had planned to restart my PC and update after the print. NOW I need to do it again! Which is time lost on top of money.

Surely I can't be expected to stay next to my computer for literal days on end just to stop the update from happening!

There has got to be a way that Windows doesn't update if a user defined program is running. Surely that's not too much to ask.

Not to mention the update then loaded with this new EDGE that I don't want at all on my computer. Which took over 10 minutes to force close with task manager. What's with the bad browser forcing its way into my life?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom