Built in mic is not working! I have tried everything

M

Magaly11

My built-in mic is not working. I have tried everything under sound issues on Microsoft and even followed all the steps on the HP website. When I go to my settings and try to troubleshoot the mic, it shows a green bar saying that my mic is working. However, I've tried on several different platforms, the camera, Zoom, an online mic test, voice recorder, and no sound is recorded. The reason I think its a Windows issue and not that my mic is broken is because of that green bar. When I talk into the mic it says it registers sound so it must be a software problem. Also this problem started back in May/June after an update, but because my classes ended I forgot this was an issue my laptop was having. I just updated today, hoping that this would fix my issue but it did not. I have connected my headphones and that mic does work. So can someone let me know if this is actually my mic that is not working or is it the software.

Once again, when I say I have tried everything that includes troubleshooting, restarting drivers, checking for driver updates, microphone settings, app settings, and more things that I can't remember.

I would also like to add that I got this laptop in April so it is fairly new. I can use my headphones but this is frustrating because its a very new and well kept laptop. It has not been dropped or spilled on and its been kept in its case indoors and out of the heat. I have a HP Spectre Folio and the mic that it says it uses is the Microphone Array Intel SST.

Continue reading...