Microsoft Family Features blocking google chrome

J

JoshPalmiero

Here's some background:

Years ago my family got an xbox one, my dad made the parent account and me and my brother made our own child accounts to go as a family.

A few years later I try to change my Microsoft account email to a new one which just has a few numbers at the end of the name but I think it made it the recovery email instead.

Fast forward to now and I built my own PC and installed windows 10, I log into my Microsoft account through the app store while using my updated email for the computer one.

I download chrome and after a little bit a small page comes up called 'Microsoft Family Features' which says I need to ask for permission from a parent to get more time.

So one recommended way to fix this was to leave the family as I'm over 18 now and create my own family.

I sent a offer to join my family to my other email that has the numbers, the request is sent but trying to log in says that it doesn't exist (which is true as its the recovery or alt email, I think it just got confused)

So it would be me as adult and a request to join sent to my other email, which I cant accept, but the thing is I still couldn't get into google chrome. Instead of asking my dad it would email me. Clicking ok or the three hour option didn't do anything.

Now I'm not even in a family and every time I try google the pop up notification in the bottom right would ask for my account for more time. Clicking on the pop up would send me to the family page on my Microsoft account (browser) with the create family button.

I'm very reliant on chrome and I cant even allow myself permission when it appears.

Id be more than happy to separate my Microsoft from my computer account if anyone wants to tell me how, using chrome and what I have saved to it is more import.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom