ACPI BIOS Error - System Reverts to Restart Loop After Fresh Install of Windows 10 ver. 2004

J

ja1124

Dell Inspiron 11-3147, BIOS ver. A12, Windows 10 installed. I tried all options to upgrade Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903 and nothing worked. Since the notebook had no personal files on it, I decided to do a fresh install using the latest release (ver. 2004) and install from a USB. I created the ISO on a USB and successfully installed Windows 10 ver. 2004. However, within a few minutes, the computer crashes and the screen message states it needs to restart. The error shown is "ACPI BIOS Error".

I am not sure if this issue is being caused by a Windows problem or a corrupted BIOS. I have successfully installed Windows 10 at least three times now. Each time the system crashes after a few minutes and remains in the restart loop unless I turn it off and then enter the Setup Menu or the F12 boot menu. If I allow the system to restart, it reverts to the Windows Installation repair options. If I enter the F12 menu and choose to boot from the USB ISO, I can do a fresh install of Windows, but it crashes soon after installation.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Continue reading...